Lups Round 2 (Picks 50-64)
50. Miami Dolphins – Antonio Richardson OT, Tennessee
The Dolphins weren’t able to updgrade their offensive line in round 1, but they sure as shit do it here, with this Mansquatch.
51. Chicago Bears – Louis Nix III DT, Notre Dame
While he’s not a perfect fit in the Bears system, Nix is just too good to pass on here. He’s a massive run plugger who can also provide some pressure up the middle.
52. Arizona Cardinals – Jace Amaro TE, Texas Tech
The Cardinals have needed a playmaker at tight since oh before I was born. Amaro falls to them and the slapping of sweaty bare chests in their war room can be heard for miles away.
53. Green Bay Packers – Marcus Martin C, USC
Maybe the Packers believe in JC Tretter but I know I don’t. Martin is considered the top center in the Draft and I almost pulled the trigger on him with their first pick.
54. Philadelphia Eagles – Jordan Matthews WR, Vanderbilt
The Eagles get a big receiver that they covet, and this one has serviceable speed.
55. Cincinnati Bengals – Lamarcus Joyner CB/S, FSU
The Bengals need youth at corner and find a versatile youngling here in the second.
56. San Francisco 49ers (From Chiefs) – Weston Richburg C, Colorado St.
It’s unsexy, but the 9ers could use a new young center in the worst way.
57. San Diego Chargers – Jeremiah Attaochu OLB, Georgia Tech
The Chargers go defense again, getting a much needed pass rushing outside linebacker.
58. New Orleans Saints – Davante Adams WR, Fresno St.
The Saints could use a young receiver as their current group is getting old. Adams is a smooth runner of routes, with a reliable pair of mitts on him.
59. Indianapolis Colts – Gabe Jackson G, Mississippi St.
The Colts need to upgrade the interior of their offensive line and roll with big ol’ Gabe from Miss St.
60. Carolina Panthers – Jarvis Landry WR, LSU
The Panthers are downright anemic at corner and Landry will give them a guy who can work wonders out of the slot.
61. Baltimore Ravens (From San Francisco) – Bishop Sankey RB, Washington
The Ravens use their pick from their first round trade with the 9ers to get some insurance at RB. Sankey is far more than just insurance though, and could very well be the new bell cow in Baltimore.
62. New England Patriots – Zach Mettenberger QB, LSU
The Patriots need to get a young quarterback on their roster pronto. Brady will be 37 this season and Ryan Mallett is a free agent after this year. Mettenberger’s got a nice big frame, and can zing the ball down the field on a rope.
63. Denver Broncos – Kyle Van Noy OLB, BYU
The Broncos go BPA and get a guy who still fills a need. Van Noy can cover just about anyone coming over the middle, and can provide outside pass rush as well.
64. Seattle Seahawks – Troy Niklas TE, Notre Dame
The Seahawks decide to reward Russell Wilson for getting them a championship. They give him a big athletic tight end who has all the tools to develop into a great player, and reliable safety valve.