From a corner of the living room somewhere in the forests of Silver Creek, Lupagus presents his Final Mock of the 2020 NFL Draftseason!
I think I’ll call this version Regina.
1. Cincinnati Bengals – Joe Burrow QB, LSU
This is a no-brainer pick. The Bengals land Burrow and begin to build their offense around him.
2. Washington Redskins – Chase Young DE/OLB, Ohio St.
This pick is also a slam dunk. Young is the best defensive player in the Draft and will make a huge impact in year one. There have been recent rumblings about Tua going here but that ain’t going to happen.
3. Detroit Lions – Jeffrey Okudah CB, Ohio State
If I was picking for the Lions I’d go Tua here, but Matt Patricia needs to win soon if he wants to remain coach, so they fill one of their biggest holes.
4. New York Giants – Isaiah Simmons LB/S, Clemson
The Giants get the all-around defensive beast and now just have to figure out where to play him.They should be able to find a quality tackle at top of Round 2
5. Miami Dolphins – Tua Tagovaiola QB, Alabama
There are rumors circulating that the Phins are going to go with Herbert here instead. That would be foolish.
6. LA Chargers – Justin Herbert QB, Oregon
The Chargers need to find their QB of the future at pick 6. If all falls as planned it should be Justin Herbert leading them for the next decade.
7. Carolina Panthers – Derrick Brown DT, Auburn
The Panthers need a big disruptor in the middle and get Mr. Brown to fill that role.
8. Arizona Cardinals – CeeDee Lamb WR, Oklahoma
The Cardinals go the sexy route and give Kyler Murray a familiar face to play catch with.
9. Jacksonville Jaguars – Jerry Jeudy WR, Alabama
If the Jags are serious about rolling with Gardner Minshew as their QB of the future, they need to give him more weapons.
10. Cleveland Browns – Tristan Wirfs OT, Iowa
The Browns could have their pick of the offensive lineman litter here. It is a matter of preference but I see them going with Wirfs, just a gut feeling.
11. New York Jets – Henry Ruggs III WR, Alabama
The Jets need to go with a pass-catcher or protector here. If they don’t get better targets for Darnold to throw to it won’t matter how much time he gets in the pocket. So they go with Ruggs here.
12. Las Vegas Raiders – CJ Henderson CB, Florida
The Raiders have to get some young talent in their group of cornerbacks. Henderson is big, fast, athletic, and has good technique. He’s can’t miss.
13. San Francisco 49ers (From Indianapolis Colts) – Javon Kinlaw DT, South Carolina
The 49ers grab this beastly interior defender to keep their defensive line at an elite level.
14. Tampa Bay Bucs – Andrew Thomas OT, Georgia
Andrew Thomas is a left tackle who is ready to step on the field the second he’s drafted. He can protect Brady’s blindside as a rookie.
15. Denver Broncos – Jedrick Wills OT, Alabama
The Broncos were hoping for one of the top three wide receivers but they are all gonezo. So with Garrett Bolles future with the team up in the air
16. Atlanta Falcons – K’Lavon Chaisson OLB, LSU
The Draft just wouldn’t be the same if the Falcons didn’t use their first round pick on a pass rusher.
17. Dallas Cowboys – Xavier McKinney S, Alabama
The Cowboys could use a stud at safety. McKinney is going to be a dandy.
18. Miami Dolphins – Mekhi Becton OT, Louisville
The Dolphins need a big offensive tackle. Becton could fall a bit due to that failed drug test at the Combine.
19. Las Vegas Raiders – Jordan Love QB, Utah St.
The Raiders land their quarterback of the future here.
20. Jacksonville Jaguars – Patrick Queen LB, LSU
The Jags need a new linebacker and Queen could become the king of their defense.
21. Philadelphia Eagles – Justin Jefferson WR, LSU
The LSU WR run continues and the Eagles land themselves a guy who was very impressive down in Indy.
22. Minnesota Vikings (From Buffalo Bills) – Kristian Fulton CB, LSU
The Vikings are very thin at cornerback and haven’t done a thing about it. Kristian Fulton is the prototypical Mike Zimmer corner, with this size, speed, and length. He’ll start from day one for the VIkings and that is a Lupagus guarantee.
23. New England Patriots – AJ Epenesa DE, Iowa
The Patriots would be wise to try to move up and get Jordan Love. If they stay put, and he’s gone, they’ll go with this high motor pass rusher.
24. New Orleans Saints – Antoine Winfield JR. CB/S, Minnesota
It would suck seeing the son of a Vikings legend play for the turd Saints, but they could use a playmaker like him in their secondary.
25. Minnesota Vikings – Denzel Mims WR, Baylor
The Vikings need another wide receiver in the worst way. Mims has great size at 6’3 and sub 4.4 speed to be a dangerous outside threat once he gets acclimated to the NFL game.
26. Miami Dolphins – D’Andre Swift RB, Georgia
The Dolphins land their running back of the future. Swift was extremely impressive at the Combine and should be the first back off the board.
27. Seattle Seahawks – Terrell Lewis DE, Alabama
It’s hard to predict what the Seahawks will do in round 1, as they usually select a third round level prospect here. I threw a dart and it hit Terrell Lewis so that’s the pick.
28. Baltimore Ravens – Kenneth Murray LB, Oklahoma
The Ravens find their next great linebacker in Oklahoma’s Kenneth Murray.
29. Tennessee Titans – Cesar Ruiz G/C, Michigan
The Titans have some age concerns in the middle of their offensive line. Ruiz can play center or guard, and do them both very well.
30. Green Bay Packers – Brandon Aiyuk WR, ASU
The Packers need to find Aaron Rodgers a special new pass catcher. Aiyuk has sure hands, slick routes, and underrated speed.
31. San Francisco 49ers – Jeff Gladney CB, TCU
Richard Sherman can’t play forever so the 49ers look to get younger at corner. Gladney is a high energy prospect who doesn’t back down to anyone.
32. Kansas City Chiefs – Jonathan Taylor RB, Wisconsin
Damien Williams has done a fine job as the Chiefs starting running back, but Jonathan Taylor could be special in this offense.